Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our 1963 Starcraft Comet


Welcome, my father and I are proud new owners of a 1963 Starcraft Comet. I've made this to try and help out others looking for info about the Comet.

The Starcraft Boat Company produced the Comet in 63' for only one year. They had many various fiberglass boats that were all closely related, the Jupiter being one of the more popular.


Ours has the 60hp Evinrude that should push it along nicely at a steady 40mph. Supposedly it runs great but needs a bearing replaced behind the prop, I have it on order and should be here in the next week or two. It came factory with a speedometer and barometer that still work! At some point in the 70s or 80s the PO added two swivel chairs in the stern, we're not sure if we will keep them or not.


1 comment:

  1. I also have a 63 comet. How fast does yours go with the 60hp?

    ReplyDelete